YOUR NEW WAY TO VOLUNTEER, AND ALSO TOUR ISRAEL WITH CLASS AND STYLE, ON A BUDGET
VFI PLUS is a new 17-day program which combines 2 weeks of volunteer service on an IDF logistics base, and 8 days of private custom touring — an unforgettable volunteer and travel adventure.
VFI PLUS is an all-inclusive program, which means that ALL arrangements for housing, airport transfers, intensive private touring, guiding, admission fees, all food (except touring lunches), and tips are included. You simply pack your bags, provide your round-trip air travel to Tel Aviv — and we do all the rest.
The program begins with a Shabbat welcoming dinner and ends with a farewall feast 16 days later. In between, your volunteer services to the IDF are cherished, and your custom value-add touring is focused on eye-opening sites throughout Israel. All for an extremely attractive price-point.
We look forward to greeting you in the Land of the Bible, where time seems to have come to a standstill and where history comes alive. Open your eyes to an experience of a lifetime!
- 17-day, all-inclusive program with your private bus and tour guide, all housing (3-start hotels), most meals, airport transfers, tips, entrance fees, etc.
- Live and work on a non-combat IDF base for a total of 8 days
- IDF work uniforms (fatigues) to wear on the base
- Short-term civilian work assignments, such as repairing machinery, building fortifications, painting, packing supplies, and maintaining the base
- Eat, meet, work, and play with active-duty Israeli officers and soldiers
- Explore the diversity of Israel with private guided bus tours
- Tax deductions – many elements of your volunteer service MAY BE tax deductible in accordance with IRS 526. See your accountant.
Rates are based on groups of 10 to 14 volunteers.
|Beginning on Friday, March 3 through March 19………….||$2,090|
|Beginning on Friday, May 5 through May 21………………..||$2,222|
|Beginning on Friday, October 20 through November 5….||$2,257|
Open to English-speakers worldwide. Programs run concurrent with Sar-El programs.
VFI PLUS single-person land-only rates are based on double-occupancy; single supplement is available. Rates for 2017 are based on groups of 10 to 14 volunteers. Rates decrease for larger groups. Your $125 VFI application fee and round trip airfare to Tel Aviv are additional.
Here is what recent VFI PLUS participants said:
“Israel has a commitment to 3rd world countries, and nations who have experienced disasters. We become a part of that commitment with our volunteer work and support. Our tour guide, Julia, did an exceptional job in bring the Land and the People of Israel alive for our volunteer group; it was a unique program.” — Said Dr. Wes from CA
“Never could I have imagined the wonderful experiences that awaited me/us/before we began our trip.” — Said Annette from VA
“This, my first trip to Israel and VFI experience, affected me in ways that I had not anticipated. As a secular Jew, it helped clarify where I fit in regards to my Judaism and relationship with Israel. The entire experience was deeply emotional. The volunteer work was meaningful and fulfilling, and the touring aspect of the program was fascination and top notch.” — Said Adele D. from Panama.
“I can say without hesitation that VFI PLUS was one of the most rewarding experiences of our lifetimes. The opportunity to work as volunteers on a military base to help support the IDF soldiers and to have a fabulous tour with other volunteers in the land of Israel was a time we will cherish and look forward to doing again. It was a tremendous trip at a great value.” — Said Larry H. from FL
HOW TO BOOK THIS
To sign up with VFI PLUS or get more information, here is what you can do.
- Visit Gil Travel’s website for detailed itinerary and trip registration at www.giltravel.com/tour/volunteers-for-israel
- The New VFI PLUS Program Video Walks Through the 17-day Program, Which Combines IDF Volunteering with Custom Touring.
- View the brief VFI PLUS video at www.tinyurl.com/vfiplus
- Call Lauren at GIL Travel with your questions or to register at 800.223.3855 ext. 366 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out and submit your VFI application form found at “Apply Now” at www.vfi-usa.org
- Call Steve Plotkin at 610.358.5366 with your questions, or email: email@example.com